EIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving Europe’s digital transformation.
EIT Digital delivers breakthrough digital innovations to the market and breeds entrepreneurial talent for economic growth and improved quality of life in Europe. It does this by mobilising a pan-European ecosystem of over 130 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes; thus bringing together students, researchers, engineers, business developers and entrepreneurs in Co-Location Centres (CLC) in Berlin, Budapest, Eindhoven, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Paris, Stockholm, Trento, and in its hub in Silicon Valley.
EIT Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
EIT Digital France:
EIT Digital France operates from its CLC in Paris (with Satellite Centres in Rennes and Sophia Antipolis). The French partnership consists of 29 partners, of which 15 are universities and R&D institutes and 14 are commercial companies. The French Node is especially active in the Innovation Areas of Digital Cities and Digital Industry and hosts business developers from the EIT Digital Accelerator. In the Education area, the Node participates in the Master and Doctoral Schools.
Within its Accelerator, EIT Digital is actively supporting more than 100 startups, scaleups and partner Innovation Activities located across Europe and is supporting them in their market growth (Access to Market) and fundraisings (Access to Finance). Business Developers work together with a pan European team to support these ventures, and consequently help them in their international expansion.
The Business Developer will work with the other European Accelerator teams located in 10 countries, with the European Access to Finance team, and he/she will be part of one or more Business Communities. He/she will report to the Head of the EIT Digital Accelerator.
This is a full-time position.
Place of Employment:
The place of employment is the Paris CLC of EIT Digital in France. Regular travel across Europe is required for this position.
Each business developer will work on a mix of the following services within teams.
- Scouting and contracting of scaleups
- Enabling Access to Market, generating leads and supporting deals
- Strategic and hands on coaching
- Enabling Access to Finance
– Close cooperation with the Business Communities and Action Lines of EIT Digital
– Project and budget planning within the planned business development activities
– Evaluation and reporting of progress of supported companies
– Integration in the overall activities of EIT Digital at national and international level
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Diploma (University degree) preferable in Business Informatics, Business Administration, Computer Science or adjacent disciplines connected to ICT/Business.
- At least 5 years related work experience in the field of business development, opening doors to corporate customers, Sales, Consultancy, CEO Startup/Scaleup coaching experience or having own founder/CxO experience.
- Own relevant network within the corporate buying world related to ICT industry sectors (Large customers, innovative SMEs, but also Venture Capital).
- Experience in some markets and business models covered by the EIT Digital Action Lines.
- Ability to understand some of the technologies covered by the EIT Digital Action Lines and to have a system view of the targeted products / services.
- Negotiation and diplomatic skills. Experience in interaction on management level.
- Incorporating principles of teamwork on all organizational levels
- The candidate must be organized, proactive, service-oriented, capable of multi-tasking, and motivated to drive continuous improvement based on sound analysis.
- Work from Paris Co-Location Centre
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills required
- Prepared to travel between the EIT Digital nodes
- Fluent in English and in French with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of any of the following languages: German, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, or Hungarian is a merit.
Getting exposed to a multinational and disciplined work environment and contributing to a growing and recognised organisation, working in an entrepreneurial and integrated fashion with education, innovation, research centres and business partners.
Dolf Wittkämper, Head of the EIT Digital Accelerator, [email protected]
To Apply: Please mail a C.V. and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity by clicking on « apply ».
Applications should be submitted before March 22, 2017.
DATE DE DÉBUT DE MISSION:
MEMBRE D'UNE COMMUNAUTÉ ?:
PHOTO / VIDEO: